Bigfoot sightings in Pierce County
Though it is not generally known, Pierce county has one of the highest number of sightings in the state, of a large ape-like creature commonly known as big foot. With so many sightings, the phenomena of big foot has continued to grow year after year.
According to data from the Bigfoot Field Researchers organization, in 2011 the number of sightings in Pierce county is the highest in any county in Washington at 56 sightings. Reports are not always filed on the sightings, so information on what the witness of the sighting observed is usually not available. The next highest counties for big foot sightings are Skamania and Snohomish.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Ledger News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE LEDGER NEWS
RECENT THE LEDGER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care