Tacoma's Matador restaurant and tequila bar
Walking into the Matador, you are immersed into a hip and modernized Mexican restaurant. Sitting down, the dÃ©cor was rich with reds and browns. Throughout the restaurant, you could see the clear theme of bull skulls on the walls.
The food was great; there were lots of choices of your everyday expected Mexican dishes on the menu, such as burritos, enchiladas, tacos, and quesadillas. I decided to go with an appetizer and an entree. The appetizer was their Butternut Squash Quesadillas. It consisted of Monterey Jack cheese, nice chunks of butternut squash and caramelized onions all between two flour tortillas. It was the perfect appetizer because it was light, creamy and had unique flavor; an awesome twist on your everyday quesadillas. The entrÃ©e I decided to go with was their Matador Burrito with shredded chicken and mild roja sauce. It was rich and smoky from the roja sauce and had the perfect amount of heat (you can chose your level of spiciness). All the other ingredients from the melted jack and cheddar cheese, the black beans and the guacamole played an important role in how awesome this burrito was.
Overall, the experience at the Matador was great and the prices were just as good. I paid $8.50 for my starter and $9.50 for my entrÃ©e, which I found to be very affordable for the quality. This place would be perfect for going out on a date or having dinner with your family or friends. If you would like to try the Matador for yourself, their hours are from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. everyday. Their Tacoma address is 721 Pacific Ave. Tacoma, WA 98402.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Ledger News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE LEDGER NEWS
RECENT THE LEDGER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Do More With Less
- New Treatment for Undiagnosed Sports Injuries -- From...
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Entries Now Open for 7th Annual College Sports Media Awards
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending