Yummers 2 the 3rd Power Cupcake Review
Yummers 2 the 3rd Power is located on Garfield Street in Parkland, near Pacific Lutheran University. With Cupcake creations so imaginative they've been featured on the Food Network's "Cupcake Wars," this cupcake factory is a hidden treat waiting to be stumbled upon, and then eaten.
Everyday 12 delicious varieties of cupcakes are prepared, and each day the flavors vary by whatever they feel like creating for the day. Everyone on staff at Yummers loves working there. The shop opened it's doors on February 12, 2011.
Jeffrey Rowe, chef and co-owner said, "Kids come in and give me drawings of cupcakes and cupcake ideas." He also noted that, "cupcakes ain't just for girls anymore."
Before Amber Serrano, chef and co-owner at Yummers, made cupcakes she was a stay at home mom who did accounting. One day she made a cupcake and took a bite and thought, "oh my gosh that's yummers." Then thought, "Well, what's better than yummers? Yummers to the 3rd Power." And that's how the cupcake factory got it's name. Yummers cupcakes are incredibly moist.
Their signature cupcake is called Yummers 2 the 3rd Power and has coconut everything; coconut frosting, coconut baked into the cake, and coconut topping.
There are several other creations who's names are just as imaginative and tantalizing to the taste buds as the ingredients that go in them.
There is a rootbeer cupcake with rootbeer buttercream called Who's Your Daddy.
There is a promotional cupcake for students called the Study Break. It's an orange dream cupcake with orange zest cream cheese frosting.
For the bacon lovers amongst us there is also a What's for Breakfast cupcake featuring maple french toast and bacon with maple syrup buttercream frosting, topped with a candied piece of bacon.
There is also a cupcake called Why Bother, which is, according to the yummers website an, "Incredible vanilla bean cupcake with a creamy, melt in your mouth vanilla bean frosting."
There are over a dozen other flavors that rotate through including various creations of: chocolate, peanut butter, red velvet, peanut butter and jelly, honey walnut, oatmeal cookie, strawberry rhubarb, monkey snuggles, spicy jalepeno, peach and mango, sweet potato, monster energy and poprocks and many more.
Cupcakes cost $2.50 for a single, $13.00 for a 6 pack, and $25.00 for a 12 pack.
You can also check what the daily cupcake flavors are by visiting the Yummers 2 the 3rd Power Facebook page: "Yummers 2 the 3rd Power Cupcake Factory"
Yummers 2 the 3rd Power
317 Garfield St. S
Tacoma, WA 98444
M-F 10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Sat 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Ledger News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE LEDGER NEWS
RECENT THE LEDGER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone